Monday, May 23, 2011

Good Morning Manhattan

My first morning in New York.

Surprisingly, the flight from San Francisco seemed to go pretty fast. I worked most of the way, prepping for my classes. There was a lot of unsettled weather across the country so we had a few bouts of turbulence - the captain told the flight attendants to be seated twice. But overall it was a pleasant flight.

When I got to my hotel they had upgraded me to a really great room on the 14th floor. I can see the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Bridge from my window. I'm just steps away from the pantry which is open 24/7 with a self-serve coffee machine that grinds the beans on the spot. Nice!

Once I got settled in the room I went to the hotel bar for a Manhattan (of course!) and a late dinner - penne pasta with sun-dried tomatoes. I had a nice conversation with a lady from Mississippi who is in town visiting her daughters. She is an artist and recommended some museums that I have not visited (including the Frick which I plan to visit this weekend). Not surprisingly we got on the subject of pets and she is a cat-lover who has 2 kitties.

No comments:

Post a Comment