Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm Walking - T Minus 5 Days

In just 5 days I will participate in my second Susan G Komen 3 Day for the Cure. Because of the support and generosity of my friends and family, I have once again exceeded my fundraising goal!!

I am walking to end breast cancer and to raise awareness that pets get breast cancer too. During the walk, it will be my privilege to walk in honor and in memory of my supporter's loved ones who have had cancer. I will be writing the names of people on one shirt and pets on another shirt.
 
Our mascot, Tallulah, a breast cancer survivor who went to the rainbow bridge on August 23, 2010, will be with us in spirit. I will proudly wear my 3rd t-shirt - Crazy Cat Ladies for the Cure with Tallulahs' picture on the it.

I look forward to the day when I won't need to add even one name to my shirt.
 
I will be posting here throughout the walk. I hope you'll follow along and post comments.

1 comment:

  1. Jeanette I am so proud of you and what you are doing again this year to raise awareness....My sweet Tallulah will be with you every step of the way...and make sure you look for the butterfly I know she will send another one to let you know she is with you...

    ReplyDelete